Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Have you gotten your sexy back?

Share
My Zara is almost a year, and I STILL have baby weight to lose. I can't complain; my belly went down within a few weeks after she was born, but the scale didn't move. It has been moving slowly, but not like I want. My goal is to be back to pre-baby weight by her first birthday, and it's a very attainable goal. I just need to do what we all need to do: be consistent.

A lot of people talk about how hard it is to lose weight. Actually, it's not hard at all to lose weight. All you have it do is burn more than you take in and the weight will fall off. It has to. What's hard is doing what needs to be done to make that happen. I'll be great for a few days, then fall off and forget about it. Then, I'll get back to it. Then, I'll fall off again. If I were more consistent, I could have easily hit my goal by the time she was 6 months. *SIGH*

Why must I be so easily distracted? Well, because I allow myself to be. I will not make excuses and talk about how I just don't have time to workout and how I'm so overwhelmed as it is. Excuses aren't cute, and they don't help me get back into my cute clothes. My jeans are slowly but surely getting loser, but they're still tight, and I can't rest until they fit like I want.

It's not a superficial thing. I'm not just chasing a number or a size. I just don't want to look up and find myself at a weight I never thought I'd see. A lot of people allow themselves to gain a little here and a little there until they're nowhere near their starting weight. I don't want that to be me. I plan on having more children later (God willing), so I need to stay on top of it now so it doesn't get worse and worse with each child.

How about you? How long did it take (is it taking) to get your sexy back?
Leelou Blogs Zara's Mommy,
Nadirah Angail
nadirahangail.com

1 comment:

  1. Baby #1 I got all but the last 10 pounds off within a few months. The last ten took a long time. Then I got pregnant with #2. I got that weight off in 6 months...don't hate me yet....about 2 years before I got pregnant with #3 I slowly and steadily gained about 35 pounds. I managed to get within 5 pounds of that pre-preg weight, and then over the next 3 years I steadily gained another 35...making a grand total of 70 pounds gained.

    Yes it's harder after babies. It's also even harder when we are older. But you can do it. Slow and steady wins the race. It will stay off better if you lose it at slower and steadier pace.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I always appreciate feedback. Keep it coming!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin