Saturday, August 22, 2009

The New Talents Being a Mom Has Helped Me Discover

Share
I've always thought of myself as a pretty talented person, but who knew I could do all this? I am skilled at:

1. Sleeping on the very edge of the bed without falling off. Zara likes to curl up under me and force me toward the edge. I've had a couple close calls, but I've never fallen.



2. Doing things with one hand (because the other one almost always has a baby in it). She loves to be held, and I love to hold her. So that leaves little time for two-handed activities. So far, I've been able to type, cook and clean all with one hand.



3. Walking down a busy street and breastfeeding at the same time. It's nice to be able sit and relax while I feed her, but sometimes that isn't possible. It's not like I can say "Wait until I can sit down." When she's ready to eat, she wants to eat NOW. Oh, and in case you re wondering, I do have one of those covers, so I'm not showing my goods everywhere.

4. Seeing incredibly cute baby clothes at the store and NOT buy them. Anyone with a daughter knows that it takes some real talent to resist all the adorable things they have for baby girls. I'd love to buy it, but I know I'll just be giving it away in a month a so. This girl is growing like crazy!

5. Quieting her cries when no one else can. I guess all moms can do this, but, for some reason, I feel like I'm really special when I do it, like I have magic powers or something. Of course, this doesn't always work.


6. Wrapping my Moby Wrap. If you have one of these, then you know they're not the easiest things to wrap at first. It took a lot of Youtube tutorials and practice to get it just right on the first try. Now that I know what I'm doing, I love it!

What talents have you discovered?

Zara's Mommy,
Nadirah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I always appreciate feedback. Keep it coming!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin