Saturday, September 05, 2009

Singing in the Rain

Share
It's raining this morning. My husband seems to think it's a bad thing. "I hate rain," is what he said. I told him that rain is a blessing and without it everyone and everything would die. He wasn't that impressed. Oh well. Maybe he's just in a grumpy mood this morning.

Zara, on the other hand, is not in a grumpy mood. She woke us up this morning with a medley of her favorite songs (all of which she wrote herself). She noticed that we weren't responding to her sweet tunes, but didn't give up. She sang even louder, in the loudest voice that an 11-week-old can muster. She’s always so happy and positive.

And I pray she stays that way, always able to find the silver lining. I want her to grow up and appreciate the rain, despite isn’t reputation. I want her to be able to extract the good from any situation and take it with her, creating a protective barrier against the many forces in life that tend to bring us down. It’s so easy to get caught up in the muck of stress, anxiety, anger and jealousy. Maintaining a constant goodness about yourself is harder, but well worth it.

Twenty years from now, when she’s grown and maybe thinking of starting her own family, I hope she continues to sing, even when no one is listening.

My attempt at singing in the rain



Leelou Blogs


Zara's Mommy,
Nadirah Angail

3 comments:

  1. I love this post, and I love the rain! It's so peaceful and relaxing, and afterward everything looks clean and fresh! Keep up the optimism, and I'm sure Zara will too!

    P.S. Thanks for stopping by, and Happy saturday SITS SHAREFEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Amethyst. Optimism is so important and necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding the silver lining is so important in life otherwise gloom and doom will follow everywhere.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment. I appreciate that. Do come again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I always appreciate feedback. Keep it coming!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin